Girls at the Stipp Hotel, Kigali

Girls at the Stipp Hotel, Kigali
Having a drink at the Stipp in Kigali with the "Thousand Hills" as background.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

LSU fans in Africa?


Yes, unbelieveably we spotted someone sporting an LSU sticker on the back of his Rover Defender (Reid's dream vehicle). Of course we chased him down and questioned him thoroughly about his attachment to the esteemed university. His name is, also quite unbelieveably, MacGregor Macgruder and he's an alum of the business school at LSU. He and his family live here. His card says that he's into East Africa Development providing clean water to communities. It's called Living Water International based out of Houston, Texas. I got a photo of the back of his car with my phone camera which doesn't have very good resolution, but we had left the nice camera at home. If you look closely at the top of the back windshield, you can just make out the letters. He was so gracious to let me take a photo and very gracious to even stop for crazy people chasing him down the streets of Kigali, but hey what did he expect putting that on his car??? Fortunately, Emma was wearing her own LSU t-shirt at the time so he knew we weren't a bunch of psychos.

I think I'll start carrying my good camera with me wherever I go now! Oh the wonderful things you see walking down the street.....

No comments:

Post a Comment